Drug Charge Defense
How to Beat a Felony Drug Charge in Texas
Being arrested for a felony drug charge in Texas is nothing to shrug your shoulders at. Felony drug charges can negatively impact you for the rest of your life and should be taken seriously.
You won’t want to take a risk with your future by trying to fight drug charges on your own. You need to call a Texas drug charge defense attorney.
Your attorney will know how to beat a felony drug charge in Texas and will investigate your case thoroughly to develop a strong defense for you.
Defenses Against Felony Drug Charges in Texas
Many people believe that, if they’ve been caught with drugs on their person or in their vehicle, no defense is available. That is not true. Your attorney will be able to analyze your case in detail to come up with the best defense strategy for your circumstances.
The following are some defenses that could help you in your Texas felony drug case:
- The arresting officer didn’t have reasonable suspicion to search you, or the search was otherwise illegal.
- You can challenge lab reports regarding the drug in question.
- Your right to an attorney was denied to you, or the arresting officer failed to Mirandize you.
- If the prosecution fails to follow legal time frames, you can seek dismissal of the case.
- Possession beyond a reasonable doubt is very difficult to prove. Were the drugs in the glove compartment certainly yours, or could they have belonged to someone else who left them there?
Your drug crime defense attorney will analyze your case to learn how to defend against conviction. We may even be able to get your charges dismissed, dropped, or greatly reduced.
Contact a Texas Drug Charge Attorney
Call a drug charge attorney with our firm at 512-472-6565, or complete the online contact form at the bottom of this page. Your future depends on you beating your felony drug charges.
When you’ve been arrested on a felony drug charge, you could benefit from the help of an experienced drug defense lawyer from Tillman Braniff, PLLC. We know how to beat a felony drug charge in Texas, and we will fight tirelessly to get you the best possible outcome for your case.